Sunday, August 2, 2009

How can I get my computer to recognize my flash drive?

I just recieved a new laptop and i wanted to transfer my iPod to the laptop. I was planning on saving my songs to the flash drive then plugging the device into the laptop. When I inserted the flash drive into the computer that already held my songs, the computer didn't recognize it! Like it wasn't ever plugged in. How can I get my computer to notice the flash drive?


(I also tried plugging the flash into another computer and that one regognized it. They both have Windows XP)

How can I get my computer to recognize my flash drive?
Some flash drives will only work with USB 2 and your old computer may have USB 1. See if there is a driver available on the manufacturer's web site.
Reply:The new laptop needs the flash drive Driver installed. I had the same problem with an Imation flash drive. Went to the Imation website and downloaded the driver and it worked fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment