Sunday, August 2, 2009

How do I start a program under another password protected user when a computer is restarted?

I have a Swan security camera program running under a password protected user in Windows XP. Someone else uses the computer during the day and because of our timeclock is running on the same computer sometimes they have to restart the computer. When they restart it leaves us without the camera program running under the Admin user. I can't move the cameras to a different computer, so I am hoping I could just write a .bat file or something that at startup executes the camera program under the Admin user. Thanks.

How do I start a program under another password protected user when a computer is restarted?
You can do this with scheduled tasks. Just need the admins password to set it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment