Sunday, August 2, 2009

How do a configure a XP computer to have the option to log into a domain server when the computer starts up?

Right now when I turn on my computer I log into the computer itself. If I want to access shares on the network, I have to log into the server. How do I configure my computer to be able to select the domain when first log in?

How do a configure a XP computer to have the option to log into a domain server when the computer starts up?
Change your workgroup name to the workgroup name on the domain. Say its "JOE" the workgroup name. Right click on 'My Computer' select the 'name tab' and click on 'change' in that screen change the workgroup name to "JOE" restart and your ready to go. You should see all the shared files from that workgroup in ' network places' GOOD LUCK


No comments:

Post a Comment