Thursday, July 30, 2009

I want to get a head start. What should I know about Computer Information Systems-management?

I decided to withdraw from graduate school(I was taking up Guidance and counseling) and pursue what I really wanted- Computer Information Systems-management. I am now looking to pursue my Master's in CIS-management but my BA was in Sociology. What skills or computer programs should I know? I have great computer skills but don't know any C++ or Oracle, or any of the advanced computer skills. How should I prepare for this career?





Also, I am looking to take the courses online. I'm looking at the University of Phoneix, they have a campus in my city but also offer online courses.

I want to get a head start. What should I know about Computer Information Systems-management?
MIS (Management Information Systems) is similar to an MBA, but specifically deals with running the computer side of internal operations.





Tech experience is good for the position, the best thing you could do is after a year in the program start looking for a Computer Operations or Network Operations Center position. This will get you inside a company and get you some hands on tech experience so that when you finish the degree you at least have an understanding of what being a tech is like.





Overall though, it's a specialized management degree, which is the way the buisness world is tending to these days as they've realized an MBA means next to nothing when they aren't in a "traditional" department like sales or HR.
Reply:the best thing you can go for is Oracle..(SQL , SQL PLUS , DBA or Apps)...there are plenty of sites that can help you get shaped for future..and also Oracle is good in DB side..


try the below site for these complete set of resources that can help you to learn them free online and also help you for certification


No comments:

Post a Comment