Friday, July 31, 2009

How do i reset my computer to factory setting when I cannot even log-in to the system?

I have a IBM T 22 thinkpad, OS is Windows XP. My problem is that the name of the computer was changed without creating login profile, so now I cannot login to the computer using the old profile and password. I ould like to be able to login to the profile or iat least to reset the computer to the factory setting so that I can at least save my computer even though I might lose all my data. Can someone please help. I am not a technical person.

How do i reset my computer to factory setting when I cannot even log-in to the system?
Try logging in with username 'IBM USER' with no password, or type 'Administrator' as username and password as the password or leave both username and password fields blank and try then. If either don't work, reboot the laptop and after the 'IBM' splash screen comes up, press the F11 key until you see a IBM Recovery count up starting at the bottom of the screen. Once in the recovery 'mode' or screen it will give you an option to recover the computer, probably the second or third icon in the menu on the left. Choose recover, then it will give you three options on how to recover. Choose the first one or the one that says recover Windows or operating system only. When it's done, after 20-30 minutes, it should let you create another login name or profile. Good Luck.
Reply:try logging in as administrator leave password blank and see if it will let you in if not get this tool





http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/


No comments:

Post a Comment