Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I cannot set my computer to prompt for password upon start. What seems to be the problem?

Eventhough I set up a password for my computer, it doesn't ask for password upon startup. It will automatically log into administrator account. Also I have another account and made it an administrator account. Now I have two administrator account. Anyone who has idea on how i can solve this problem? Thank you very much!

I cannot set my computer to prompt for password upon start. What seems to be the problem?
Try going to Control Panels - User Accounts - Go to the Advanced tab, and check the box that says, "Secure Logon."





In that same User Accounts Box, click back over to the USERS tab, find the other user that has ADMIN rights that you don't want to have admin rights, and click on PROPERTIES. Then make that user a restricted user, Standards user, or "OTHER."





Hope it helps a bit. Assuming you have Windows XP. But should be generally the same for Windows in general.
Reply:in control panel%26gt;user accounts...change the way users log on and off..check use welcome screen..create a password for a administrator account


No comments:

Post a Comment