Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How do I change the disk drive on my computer to be bootable at startup?

I was just curious. I need to reformat my computer but the settings on the computer are set so it wont boot at startup...How do I change those settings so it will run the disk as soon as I restart the computer?

How do I change the disk drive on my computer to be bootable at startup?
go into bios ("delete" upon startup) go into the boot section and choose to boot from CD drive then exit saving settings.


You should get a prompt upon startup "hit any key to boot from CD" When you go to install the operating system your puter will reboot automatically several times during the installation process. You only what to hit a key and boot from CD the first time. When puter automatically reboots and the boot from cd prompt comes up again DO NOT hit a key cuz you'll be back to the beginning again-it will wait bout 10 seconds then boot from the hard drive and continue on installing the OS.
Reply:go to your BIOS setup which depends on your computer type and motherboard type but try pressing F1,F2, F10, F12, Delete buttons at the start up screen then look for you boot device priority list


No comments:

Post a Comment