Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How to transfer video from handycam to computer without firewire?

I borrowed a sonyhandy cam from a friend. He didn't give me any cables so i found a USB cable that fit and plugged it in to my computer. It only read the files on the memory stick. How do I upload video fromthe videotape on to my computer?





Btw, i dont have a firewire port and i dont want to purchase any new hardware for this or anything sinceim gonna give the cam back to my friend anyway.

How to transfer video from handycam to computer without firewire?
Sorry but if this is a dv camcorder then..... Your dv camcorder needs a firewire connection (ieee 1394) in order to download video, your PC probably did not come with a firewire port, so you will have to buy one and install it, since most computers (except possibly brand new) don't come with a firewire port, your camcorder did not come with a firewire cord so you have to purchase a cord too. Your camcorder did come with a USB cord and that is used for downloading stills from your camcorder.


No comments:

Post a Comment